Good Morning pizza lovers! Today I am making delicious and classic Italian pizza for you. Are you ready? So let us welcome the Margherita pizza of Italy that has become so popular that not only Italians but people all over the world can vouch for its lusciousness. This delicious, cheesy pizza is apt for making the chatting session with friends yummier. Or bake it fresh for a cozy family gathering and enjoy yourselves with a slice on your hand. Let’s not waste time anymore in talking and go straight to the recipe.
Traditional Margherita pizza
Okay, okay ..I know your mouth is watering already. But to make it in your home, you need to know the ingredients and how to do it. Fresh marinara sauce, basil and loads of mozzarella cheese are the keys to its scrumptiousness.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 1 hour
For Making The Pizza Dough
- Warm water – 1 ½ cups
- Dry and active yeast – 2 packets
- Granulated sugar – 2 Tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil – ½ cup
- Flour – 4 cups
- Olive oil – 2 Tsp
- Marinara sauce – 2 tbsp (you can make it in the home or buy from the store)
- Tomato – 1, sliced
- Black pepper – to taste
- Garlic – 1 clove, minced
- Basil leaves- 2, large, cut into pieces
- Mozzarella cheese – 3 ounces, cut into slices
Make The Dough First
- Put the yeast in a bowl and add the water. Wait for 5 minutes so that it becomes foamy. Now add the sugar, salt and olive oil and stir them. When everything gets mixed, add the flour and mix it in a way that it forms a dough.
- Pour some oil over it and coat the dough with some more oil. Cover the bowl and keep it without touching for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, knead the dough again by adding a little bit of flour and divide it into 4 parts.
Making The Pizza
- Take a round baking pan of 8 inches and dust some flour on it. Now place a parchment paper. Put one part of the dough on it and press it with your fingers so that it covers the base of the pan. Apply olive oil all over it in generous amount.
- Preheat the oven at 500 degrees Fahrenheit but before that add a pizza stone in it. Make sure the stone is red hot.
- Pour the marinara sauce on the pizza base followed by minced garlic. Add the tomatoes as well as slices of mozzarella on the top.
- Now place the parchment paper having the pizza base on the heated stone. Let it bake for about 10 minutes. When you will see that the crust has become golden and the cheese is melted entirely, take it out and add the basil. Sprinkle black pepper.
Pizza tastes excellent when eaten fresh and hot. So, as soon as you are done making the Margherita pizza, cut it and serve.