Traditional Italian pasta recipes were made from scratch at home using fresh pasta. They made their pasta by preparing a dough and rolling out different kinds of pasta shapes using rolling pins and cutters. An authentic and traditional pasta tastes much better than the one made with store bought ready-made pastas. Here are some recipes.
Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and Mushrooms
The spaghetti noodles used in this pasta recipe has been prepared fresh at home a day before and then refrigerated.
- 2 (~119 g each) red bell peppers
- Handful of Button Mushrooms
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium and finely chopped shallots
- 4 cloves garlic minced or finely chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp yeast
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- Roast bell peppers on the stove or a in an oven at 500 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove the peel and seeds.
- Cook pasta as per the instructions on the packet. Drain and keep aside.
- Take a large skillet and pour in some oil. Add the mushrooms and saute.
- Shallow fry the shallots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sautéed onions and garlic in a blender and blend with roasted peppers and some almond milk, yeast and cornstarch.
- Add some paprika for heat.
- Blend into a smooth sauce and then transfer again to the skillet to cook. Continue simmering, until nice and thick.
- Add the boiled pasta noodles to this sauce. Mix well and garnish with cheese and herbs.
Vegan Macaroni and cheese Pasta
The elbow macaroni used in this pasta recipe has been prepared at home a day before and then refrigerated.
- Elbow macaroni – 8 ounces
- Broccoli florets, cleaned
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- Peeled and grated potato, 1 cup
- Chopped button mushrooms, 1 cup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- Pepper as per taste
- Mixed herbs ½ teaspoon
- 2 to 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Boil pasta in salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Take a medium saucepan and heat some oil.
- Sauté onions until translucent.
- Add the grated potato, mushrooms, garlic, spices and stir well.
- Let the mixture boil until the potatoes are nice and tender.
- Transfer to a blender and grind to a smooth paste. Add some yeast to the blender before grinding. You can add some water to make it a little thin. You can also add cashew paste to make it thick.
- Add the pasta in the sauce and add some vinegar in the end. Garnish with herbs and cheese.
- Now toss the cooked pasta into the pesto sauce and the balance pasta water. Serve hot.
- You can also add some variations to this dish by adding some vegetables of your choice. This is a very nutritious and healthy recipe as it has the goodness of pine nuts and basil.
These are some amazing mushroom pasta recipes you must try.