Start Your Dinner With Italian Appetizers
Appetizers play an integral role in every meal. Be it a light dinner in your home or a lavish one at a gathering, appetizers are a must. Sometimes we do not think of exceptional appetizers, even if we want to. But your problem is solved now as this article will enlighten you with palatable recipes of 2 Italian appetizers. Whether it is an Italian dinner or not, the following appetizers are apt for any occasion.
Steak Bruschetta From Italy
An easy to make appetizer to give you an impressive result – What else could you ask for? Made with five ingredients, it is utterly delicious.
Preparation time – 25 minutes
Broiling time – 10 minutes
- Bacon strips – 4 ounces, chopped
- Beef sirloin steak – 1 pound
- Salt and pepper – to taste
- French bread – 12, cut diagonally
- Bruschetta topping – 1 ½ cups
- Baby spinach – 1 cup
- Preheat the broiler.
- In the meantime, put a skillet on medium heat and cook the chopped bacon so that they become crispy. Take a paper towel and remove the crispy bacon on it.
- Now spread some salt and pepper on the steak and keep it on a baking dish. Broil it for about 3 minutes and flip it and broil again. Make sure that steak is cooked to perfection. When done, take a knife and thinly slice it.
- Take an ungreased baking plate and keep the bread slices on it and broil for about 4 minutes so that all the slices become golden in color.
- Transfer the bread slices on a plate. Add the bruschetta topping, baby spinach, cooked creak slices, and chopped bacon. Your mouthwatering crispy appetizer is ready.
Italian Tart With Roasted Tomato
A tart made with plenty of tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and fontina cheese will make you crave for more.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
- Puff pastry – 10 inch
- Fontina cheese – 1 cup, grated coarsely
- Italian seasoning – 1 Tsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Plum tomatoes – 1 ½ pound, cut into slices
- Black pepper – to taste
- Salt – to taste
- Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup, grated
- Basil – ½ cup
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a baking tray and cover it with parchment paper.
- Now roll the puff pastry and keep it on the baking tray. Using a fork, prick at a few places. It will help the pastry bake very well. Add the Fontina cheese and spread evenly on it.
- Take a large bowl and add the tomatoes. Tip the salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Mix very well so that all the tomatoes get seasoned properly. Now add these tomatoes on the puff pastry. Spread the grated parmesan on top of the tomato layer.
- Now insert the tray inside the oven and bake for around 25 minutes. Take it out, and if you see that the crust has become light brownish in color as well as crispy, your tart is ready.
- Chop the basil leaves and add them on the tart. Now you cut it into square pieces.