Scrumptious Desserts From The Italian Kitchen
Semifreddo Made With Plum And Amaretti
An all-in-one dessert food having large pieces of almond biscuits mixed in plum puree, this amaretti Semifreddo will give your taste buds immense pleasure.
Preparation time – 25 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
- Caster sugar – 350 gm
- Ripe plum, purple in color – 450 gm, cut into halves
- Double cream – 399 ml
- Egg whites – 2
- Amaretti biscuit – 85 gm, broken into chunks
- Disaronno liqueur – 1 tbsp
- Take a pot of water and add the plums in it. Mix some of the sugar and let it boil on medium heat till the plums are soft. After that, pour this mixture into the blender and blend w\very well so that you get a smooth plum puree. Pour it in a bowl and let it cool.
- Now in another pot take some water and add the remaining sugar and cook it on medium heat. When all the sugar dissolves and the mixture becomes thick, remove from the heat.
- Take a bowl and whisk the egg white till you get a stiff peak. Pour the sugar mixture into it and keep stirring.
- Beat the double cream in another bowl and pour the Disaronno liqueur. Now add the plum puree in it and give them a good mix.
- Finally, add the amaretti biscuits and the concoction of sugar and egg whites and mix again.
- Take a pan and cover it with cling film. Pour the Semifreddo mixture in it and keep it inside the fridge overnight.
- Next morning your delicious ice cream is all set. Take it out, and you either scoop from it or cut into pieces to serve.
Cheesecake Made With Sultana, Sour Cream, Amaretti Biscuits
This creamy cake will not only melt in your mouth but will melt your heart too.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 35 minutes
- Sour cream – 170 gm
- Eggs – 3
- Sultana – 100 gm
- Flour – 3 tbsp
- Butter – 75 gm
- Disaronno liqueurs – 3 tbsp
- Digestive biscuits – 6, crushed
- Amaretti biscuits – 8, crushed
- Cream cheese – 600 gm, full fat
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Golden caster sugar – 175 gm
- Icing sugar – for garnishing
- Amaretti biscuits – broken into chunks, for garnishing
- Preheat the oven at 180-degree centigrade. Soak the sultanas in the Disaronno liqueur in a bowl for about 1 hour. Take a cake tin, round in shape and grease it with a little bit of butter.
- Add the remaining butter in a pan and put it on medium flame. As the butter melts, add the crushed biscuits and mix thoroughly. Put this mixture into the base of the cake tin and press with hand so that it gets set. Bake for about 5 minutes and let it cool.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, flour, vanilla, sour cream, caster sugar, and eggs till you get a smooth mixture. Pour the soaked sultanas along with the liqueur in it and mix again.
- Pour this cheese and sultana mixture onto the cake base and even it out. Insert it into the oven and bake for half an hour.
- When done, take out and let it cool. After cooling, add the icing sugar on the top and spread the amaretti biscuit chunks.