Learn How To Make Perfect Italian Meatballs
Though you can get meatballs in any cuisine, there is uniqueness in the Italian meatballs. The distinctive choice of ingredients, spices, and cheese – all are amalgamated to give you the palatable meatballs. Cooked with perfection, these soft and juicy meatballs are apt to accompany a bowl of pasta or bread. So, let us learn how to make the meatballs in Italian style.
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
- Ground beef – 1 pound
- Ground pork – ½ pound
- Breadcrumbs – 1 cup
- Marinara sauce – 32 ounce
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – ½ cup
- Italian sausage – ½ pound, without casing
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Garlic – 3 cloves, minced
- Black pepper – to taste
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Parmesan cheese – 1 cup, grated
- Chopped parsley – ¼ cup
- Take a bowl and add the milk. Mix the bread crumbs with it and set it aside for around 15 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and pork along with Italian sausage, garlic, and onion in a large bowl. Mix them very well. Sprinkle salt and pepper as required.
- Pour the mixture of milk and breadcrumbs in it slowly and keep mixing. Now add the parmesan cheese, parsley, and eggs. Mix all the ingredients very well.
- When done, start making small balls out of this mixture.
- Put a skillet on medium flame and pour the olive oil. As the oil becomes hot, fry the balls. Keep turning the ball so that all sides get fried equally. Take the fried balls out of the skillet.
- Pour the marinara sauce in the skillet and cook on low flame. As it starts to boil, transfer the fried balls again in the sauce and sook more around 6 minutes so that they are well cooked and seasoned with the sauce.
Some Important Things About The Recipe
Is Using 3 Types Of Meat, Pork, Beef, And Sausage Necessary?
You can make meatballs with ground beef alone. But the mixture of 3 different variety gives this dish an exceptional flavor.
Why Making A Panada Is Vital?
Panada is nothing but the mixture of the milk and bread crumbs. This mixture helps in binding the meatballs as well as making them soft. It is better if you use the freshly made bread crumbs. It will double the taste.
Should You Use Your Hands For Mixing The Ground Meat?
Though you can use a spoon to mix all the ingredients, generally, it is better to use your hands to mix all the ingredients. In this way, you can stay away from overdoing it, and it is believed that it is your love and care that make a dish more palatable.
Should You Add The Whole Or Beaten Eggs In The Meat Mixture?
You can add whole eggs and then combine all the ingredients. But if you beat the eggs in s separate bowl and then add it in the mixture of meat, you can combine it faster.
Thus, follow these tips and get to taste heavenly meatballs.