Chocolate Semifreddo With Nougat And Pistachio
When you are in search of chilled creamy dessert, make this traditional ice cream of Italy.
Preparation time – 25 minutes
Cooking time – 5 minutes
- Double cream – 400 ml
- Golden caster sugar – 75 gm
- Pistachio – 50 gm, chopped
- Eggs – 4
- Butter – for coating the tin
- Dark chocolate – 250 gm, chopped
- Nougat – 140 gm, cut into chunks
- Take a loaf tin of 2 lb and coat it with butter. Then cover it with cling film.
- Put the sugar and eggs in a bowl. Hold then bowl on top of boiling water and keep stirring so that both sugar and eggs get mixed and the volume becomes double. Now take the bowl away from hot water and hold on cold water. You have to stir it till the mixture becomes cool.
- Put the dark chocolate in a bowl and hold it on the same hot water so that the chocolate melts completely. Now mix the melted chocolate with the egg concoction. Add the double cream and chopped pistachio along with the nougat chunks. Mix all the ingredients appropriately.
- Tip this ice cream mixture into the prepared loaf tin and put a lid. Now keep it in the freezer. Your delicious ice cream bar is ready. Take it out 15 minutes before serving and slice it and serve. You can make this lip-smacking ice cream and keep it in the freezer for a fortnight to satisfy your sweet craving.
Are you in search of a typical Italian dessert? Then make tiramisu. The amalgamation of ladyfingers, chocolate, cream, and mascarpone cheese gives rise to a succulent dessert.
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
- Ladyfinger – 12 ounce
- Liqueur – 1/3 cup, coffee-flavored
- White sugar – 1 ¼ cups
- Egg yolks – 6
- Cocoa powder – 1 tsp, unsweetened
- Whipped cream – 1 ¾ cups
- Mascarpone cheese – 1 ¼ cups
- Chocolate – 1 ounce, semi-sweet
- Take a double broiler and put the egg yolks along with white sugar and keep it in boiling water. Let the mixture cook for about 10 minutes in low flame. Take it off and mix it properly so that it becomes thick and the color turns lemon yellow. Now mix the mascarpone with this mixture and stir very well.
- In another bowl, whisk the whipped cream so that you get a soft peak. Mix this cream peak with the cheese and egg mixture.
- Take a rectangular bowl of glass. Split the ladyfingers and keep them on the base and coat them with coffee-flavored liqueur. Now put some of the cream and egg mixture on it and flatten the mixture with a spoon.
- Put another layer of ladyfingers followed by coating with coffee liqueur and cream filling. When all the cream mixture and ladyfingers are finished, add cocoa powder and chocolate on top.
- Keep the glass dish within the refrigerator for the whole night. Next morning, you will get oh-so-cool and delicious dessert waiting for you.