Italian recipes are way different than the classic recipes of making instant pots. Here are two recipes below that make delicious Italian Sausages.
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers, any color
- 1 (12 ounce) package Italian-style chicken sausage links, or more to taste, casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach, or more to taste
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Step 1
Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add oil and allow to heat. Add onion and peppers to hot oil; cook until they begin to get tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add sausages and cook, breaking them up with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add marinara sauce, water, spinach, pasta, basil, and Italian seasoning; mix to combine. Cancel Saute function.
- Step 2
Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Step 3
Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, 5 minutes. Then release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese until combined. Serve with remaining cheese sprinkled on top.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 White Onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup Water
- Place instant pot setting to “sauté”. Then add in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Next, place the Italian sausage in the Instant Pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Make sure to turn 1 to 2 times until brown on both sides.
- Then added the whole garlic cloves and white onion and sauté for an additional 5 minutes into onions begin to become translucent and color.
- Deglaze the pot with a half cup of water.
- Use a wooden spoon to break up the brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Turn the Instant pot off.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot making sure the valve is set to “sealing“. Select the “meat” setting for 10 minutes. It will take the Instant Pot roughly 10 minutes to come to pressure before the timer begins.
- Once the sausage is done carefully, force the pressure by releasing the pressure valve using a pot holder and a dish cloth.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot. Mix well and divide evenly among plates.
You can leave the sausage in the Instant Pot on the “keep warm“ setting until ready to serve. Any leftover Italian sausage should be stored in the air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Try both these Instant Pot Italian Sausage Recipes.