3 Italian Drinks To Refresh You During The Summer
The summer is knocking at your door, so Italian food is must. Every year, I feel terrible during this time. The heat and scorching sun take all my energies to work. But this year I have come with several drink recipes that will help me chill. And the good news is all these are Italian drinks. Their excellent taste and yummy flavor will replenish your energy and vibrancy in the summer. So, shall we start?
Italian Watermelon Flavored Soda
A soda flavored with watermelon and passion fruit syrup helps to keep the summer away from you. Impossible? Okay. Let’s try them!
Preparation time – 2 minutes
Cooking time – 5 minutes
- Carbonate water – 8 fluid ounces
- Half and half cream – 1 fluid ounce
- Passion fruit flavored Syrup – ¾ fluid ounce
- Watermelon flavored syrup – ¾ fluid ounce
- Take a tall glass and fill half of it with ice cubes. Now pour the carbonated water in the glass.
- Add the flavored syrups, both passion fruit and watermelon. At the top, add the half and half cream. Stir it and drink and fill the chill going through your spine.
Italian Customary Limoncello
Originated in the Amalfi coast, this traditional drink of Italy is prepared with Sorrento lemons. These large and savory lemons give a nice flavor to the drink.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 5 minutes
- Water – 6 cups
- Lemons – 10
- White sugar – 4 cups
- 95% alcohol – 1 quarter
- Peel the outer layer of the lemons and make their zest and keep this zest in a glass bowl. Now pour the alcohol in it. Cover the bowl and put it away for almost a week so that the lemon zest and alcohol are infused well. Remember to keep the bowl at room temperature, and after a week you will see the mixture has turned yellow.
- Add the water along with sugar in a pot and put it on medium heat. Stir the sugar till all of it gets dissolved. Put off the flame and let the sugar syrup cool.
- Now place a fine mesh strainer on the pot of sugar syrup and pour the lemon and alcohol infusion on it. , and the smooth liquids will mix with the syrup.
- Stir the lemon infusion with sugar syrup very well and store in bottles in the refrigerator.
Italian Margaritas Prepared With Amaretto
Preparation time -10 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
- Ice – 6 cups
- Orange juice – ½ cup
- Limeade concentrate – 6 fluid ounce, frozen
- Tequila – 6 fluid ounce
- Amaretto liquor – 4 fluid ounces
- White sugar – as required
- Take 4 margarita glasses and dip their rims first in the amaretto followed by dipping into the sugar.
- In the blender, add the tequila, orange juice, ice cubes, amaretto, and limeade. Blend till all the ingredients are combined into a smooth concoction.
- Now pour it into the glasses that you have prepared. This margarita tastes superb and will make you ask for another glass.